Arrogance and pathological narcissism are two falsely used terms that are used interchangeably. This is a problem because it removes the importance of validation for someone dealing with a pathological narcissist.
When you are dealing with a pathological narcissist, you are dealing with someone with a severe devotion to one’s own mental health pathology. You are not dealing with someone who is simply arrogant. The best way to explain the differentiation between these two terms is to explain what arrogance isn’t.
When a person is arrogant, they are not:
1. Unable to be accountable or wrong
2. seeking attention at the expense and well being of others
3. consistently and only put themselves before others
4. obsessed with having sex with other people
5. living dual lives
6. pathological liars
7. creating a rewriting of the past, present or future
8. manipulating daily at the expense of other people’s well being for the gaining of attention
9. They do not stalk and hack
10. They do not abuse you daily